15 September 2010

north

I've gotten into bed before 11 the past two nights. But my computer doesn't sleep, so I don't sleep. Between iTunes and YouTube I'm up bouncing sonic ideas off the brainplate until an hour before dawn. In the background is the television, arthouse movies, westerns, Classic Arts Showcase. In the headphones is the last ten years of music discovery, searching for the gems. Trying to leave the heart on the shelf and approach the noise with a clear head. But it doesn't work. Every track left a mark.
December...December. I don't even know how to approach track selection for the project. I don't even know if I can secure the funding. But I'm going. Even if I have to drag the boys around by the smoke rings, I am going. I sat on the sand tonight and reviewed the highway-to-highway list by the light of the International Paper Plant; 5-14-58-99-46-1-101. North North West North West North North. The cool part is there doesn't need to be a reason. And I am starting the process about not caring what anybody thinks. It's not the easiest thing, but it is the most practical. There are strange people in every carport, an asshole in every booth. If you stop caring they cease to exist. Somehow. Keep the music handy. Like pills. Pillars.

No comments:

Post a Comment