11 November 2010

the Portside Sessions



With the project approaching, I figured it was time to get neck deep in the sound cave again. Elements of the I&E itinerary are falling into place. Sadly we will not have the ever-ready talents of DJ Sherlock John (aka DJ Abe Lincoln) on the journey after all... another victim of the failing economy. However, this is hardly a setback, for it gives extra weight to the dutiful creativity of our friend Red Ram, who will be playing a set or two along the highways as well as manning the camera and contributing sagely advice on all things metal & rock. Lucky to have him on board.

In the meantime, I'll be using the week of November 20th-28th as a testing ground for all the setlists, recording some new mix ideas, and generally staying in music mode when I'm not at work. Everyone is invited to come hang out here at my place throughout the week, as I'll be on my own tooling with the decks. There's a Wii and cable, jacuzzi, pool, billiards, table tennis, sauna, and gym on site. Oh and that Pacific Ocean thing.

The recordings out of this week will be a springboard for the Project; a sort of prologue to the journey to get me in the mood before midterms slag me down for the first two weeks of December. Collectively, I'm calling it the Portside Sessions.


Hit me up on fbook or text if you'd like to come out and hang.
In the meantime, keep the headphones handy and the hands raised high.

No comments:

Post a Comment