27 December 2010

first impressions

We tripped the light rain fantastic Saturday last, in the first of many planned outdoor DJ settings. Special thanks goes out to George Olivos of Pico De Gallo Seasonings, for allowing us the use of his humble parking lot in the venture. The atmosphere was wet, dreary and shaped by the industrial grime. In other words, it was perfect. The set was pleasantly dark, driven by minor notes, all the while rain fell throughout the gig. A set list and video will be posted here soon.

Thank you to Red Ram & Kevin Binkley on video, and DJ Dave Share for the support. It was really a great experiment. One we hope to repeat as soon as the weather allows.

Currently, I am in the process of setting up the latest software/hardware additions to my DAW setup. In the New Year I will be bringing out a slew of remixes, and for the first time, originally produced work from Jon Paul Joe and friends.

Though I've ditched the stringent religious constraints of childhood, there's no proper way to say how lucky I've been to have all of this come together other than being blessed. But if you can't do anything with the gifts you're given, then WTF is the point anyway? : )

Now comes the hard part: integrating the workstation into some tangible sound. From my head, to your ears, and their feet. A digital age Walt Whitman might've said, "I hear America looping." And a green beauty on an eastern seaboard lifts a lighter as if to say,
"Give me your bored, your restless,
Your desensitized listeners yearning to dance..."

We be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment